Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic at Beloit, WI
Apply at www.HormelJobsBeloit.com Hormel Foods has an opening for an experienced Industrial Maintenance Mechanic. Successful candidates will work in our food processing production facility located in Beloit, Wisconsin, and enjoy competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package. Vacancies are typically on 2nd or 3rd shift with opportunities for overtime and a willingness to work on either shift is required. Weekend work is required. Specific schedules will be discussed during the interview process. The Beloit plant specializes in the production of Chili and Salsa products.
* Practice safe working procedures in accordance with safety policies of Hormel Foods.
* Perform proactive and reactive maintenance on all production equipment, buildings, and grounds.
* Use knowledge and skill to produce equipment and modify existing equipment to meet the needs of the production teams.
* Direct activities of outside contractors working on assigned lines.
* Change line for package changeovers.
* Perform the necessary work with a minimum of direct supervision to identify and solve problems.
* Use communication skills to keep Supervisors, Maintenance Engineers, and fellow team members informed of their progress.
* Work independently under limited supervision (self-management).
* Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
Applicants must be willing and capable of:
* The ability to stand in one spot on a work stand or at a work station except during breaks and lunches.
* The ability to perform repetitive hand & wrist motion throughout a shift.
* The ability to frequently lift/push/pull 50+lbs as required throughout the course of a shift.
* The ability to frequently twist and bend the body as necessary to perform job related tasks.
* The ability to kneel/squat/climb as necessary to complete job related tasks.
* The ability to frequently perform grasping & pinching motions to complete job related tasks.
* 18 years of age or older.
* Candidates will complete a maintenance assessment during the interview process.
* Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
* Experience with electrical systems (installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting).
* Ability to utilize product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
* Ability to utilize schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
* Ability to troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
* Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
* Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
* Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
* Experience with compressors/ammonia systems (e.g., refrigeration systems).
* Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
* Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
* Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
* Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotics motors, in-coders, etc.).
Wages start at $25.35/hour.
Refrigerated & Hot environment - temperatures average 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Beloit team! At the Beloit plant, Employee Safety and Food Safety are our top priorities! We believe every employee has the responsibility to maintain a safe working environment by closely following our safety policies and actively engaging in our safety policies and actively engaging in our safety culture. Also, by adhering to the highest food safety standards, our manufacturing facility is able to produce quality, wholesome foods to our consumers.
Employee Food & Safety:
At Hormel Foods, Employee Safety and Food Safety are our top priorities! We believe every employee has the responsibility to maintain a safe working environment by closely following our safety policies and actively engaging in our safety culture. Also, by adhering to the highest food safety standards, our manufacturing facility is able to produce quality, wholesome foods to our consumers.
Our benefits package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan, prescription drug plan, dental and vision plan, 401(k) with company match, pension plan, employee assistance and wellness plan, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, vacation and holiday pay, profit sharing, and educational assistance.
New Employees at our facility are immediately place on a 3 month probationary period. During this time, employee attendance and performance are closely monitored. While on probation, management reserves the right to move and employee to a different open position anywhere in our facility to meet the needs of the business.
We appreciate our consideration of our company as your next employer and look forward to hearing from you!
If you need assistance completing the online application, please visit your nearest Wisconsin Workforce Development office or Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) office.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.