Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
HVAC Technician Lead - Ammonia & Glycol at Valdosta GA
Summary: The Air Conditioning/Ammonia Refrigeration Technician Lead directs and organizes the daily duties of other Air Conditioning/Ammonia technicians, conducts, organizes, and oversees the installing and repairing of refrigeration, air compressor and air conditioning systems as well as monitoring, maintaining and repairing plumbing and sewage systems. In addition, the Air Conditioning/Ammonia Refrigeration Technician Lead is responsible for strict adherence to guidelines by carefully setting up, monitoring, and maintaining the refrigeration/ammonia system of the facility. The Air Conditioning/Ammonia Refrigeration Technician Lead openly gives and receives truthful feedback, shares helpful knowledge, and works with the HVAC team to accomplish scheduled and emergency repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties as assigned.
· Diagnoses problems with refrigeration and air conditioning units and performs repairs.
· Maintains, adjusts and repairs boilers, heating, and cooling refrigeration systems.
· Fully skilled mechanic able to work from sketches and blueprints to build code standards.
· Prepare preliminary investigations in areas for justification of proposed changes and/or additions to plant equipment requested by operating departments.
· Develops specification for new equipment such as turbines, pipes, fans, valves, regulators, controls, etc.
· Directs and coordinates plant workers engaged in routine operations and maintenance activities.
· Maintains, adjusts and repairs boilers, heating, and cooling and ammonia refrigeration systems.
· Starts system, observes operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as valves, controls, and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure, and temperature in system.
· Manage and coordinate large projects inter/cross departmentally by developing project plans, communicating with project team members, tracking progress, and providing progress reports.
· Responds to "call-in" request for service.
· Works flexible hours to meet project/task deadlines.
· Assists in the training of new and re-training of existing employees.
· Adheres to safety, food safety, quality and Good Manufacturing Practices regulations.
· Reports safety, food safety, and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
· Relays any employee relations issues observed to supervisor.
· Works effectively, efficiently and positively with minimal supervision.
· Issues and prioritizes daily work tasks to team of HVAC Technicians.
· Acts as a liaison between multiple teams such as; Maintenance, Engineering, Production, etc. to provide feedback during routine or project work.
· Communicate with Manager regarding task assignment, task completion and deviation from task schedule.
- Controls, develops, maintains, and implements a training schedule for the department in conjunction with Maintenance Management.
- Ensures all required training documentation is completed and maintained in a timely and accurate manner, including best practice utilization of the e-learning management system.
- Ensures all required PM’s are completed on time and documented in the EAM system
- Assists in writing and development of SOP’s.
Trains, assigns and directs the work of HVAC/Ammonia employees. Administers policies and procedures fairly and consistently. Appraises performance addresses complaints, and resolves problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED;
· Three to five years of air conditioning and industrial refrigeration service.
· Experience in the baking or manufacturing industry.
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Ability to read and interpret safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to build strong, trusting business relationships through listening, supporting, and teaming.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· EPA Refrigerant Handling
· Ammonia certification.
· Valid driver’s licenses.
· EPA Proper Refrigerant Usage Certification preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Operates forklift, man lift, and mobile carts.
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic electricity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)