Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Facilities/ Refrigeration Supervisor at San Diego CA
Facilities/ Refrigeration Supervisor
The Facilities/Refrigeration Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising maintenance activities to ensure equipment and plant assets are functional and optimized, while limiting operational delays and associated costs. Ensures safe work practices during general maintenance of equipment, including but not limited to installation and repairs. Ensures preventative maintenance of plant assets including mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems, structures, buildings, production machinery, boilers and ammonia refrigeration are routinely taking place.
Position Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working through direct reports, ensures that plant equipment is maintained in optimum operating condition to avoid, or minimize, production down-time and costs
- Supervise technical maintenance activities troubleshooting and the repair of ammonia refrigeration equipment including vessels, evaporators, spiral freezers, condensers, pump motors, compressors valves and other refrigeration equipment
- Operating and maintaining steam boilers
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the wastewater plant
- Perform daily chemical testing and logging all text results adjusting required to maintain refrigeration, boilers & wastewater plant within established limits
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance as required by PSM schedules (Process Safety Management)
- Responds urgently to equipment related production issues and downtime by assigning repair work as soon as issues are identified
- Develops, maintains and administers all aspects of the critical spare parts and inventory
- Ensures timely completion of work orders, repairs, and preventative maintenance and documentation of all maintenance activities
- Approves all parts orders within approved purchasing limits and budgets
- Continually assess maintenance effectiveness and works with production team to identify opportunities for improvement, production optimization and maintenance planning
- Work with other departments and individuals to effectively coordinate equipment and building maintenance activities
- Responsible for providing after-hours maintenance resources by calling in appropriate maintenance staff; responds personally in critical or complicated situations
- Ensures that the Maintenance Shop, boiler room, compressor room and wastewater treatment room are kept orderly and clean
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives, while achieving budgeted goals for efficiency on an on-going basis
- Provides necessary guidance, technical support, and training to ensure that all employees work safely and comply with food safety programs
- Ensures compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) according to company and customer expectations
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to, new hire orientation and training, scheduling, performance evaluations, discipline, coaching, safety training and employee development, along with recommendations for hiring and terminations.
- Assures that associates have all the proper tools, equipment and parts in proper working condition to perform their necessary job duties
- Facilitates and promotes a team concept by working with associates as a team member through coaching, leading, listening, coordinating and supporting
- Conducts counseling sessions and issue disciplinary action as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent knowledge and skills acquired through on the job training or experience
- 5+ years supervisor experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably food manufacturing or consumer goods industry
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization
- Must possess strong and effective leadership skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Solid decision-making skills and a strong sense of urgency
- Solid technical ammonia refrigeration (cascade system) troubleshooting skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of USDA and OSHA regulations, including GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP principles and practices
- Knowledge of Boilers, Wastewater Treatment, Compressed Air Systems and Ammonia Refrigeration
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of applications; including Word, Excel and out Outlook
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work, climb stairs and ladders, and reach with hands and arms.
- Position occasionally requires climbing to high elevations.
- Employee is required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and at times up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ajinomoto Foods North America, Inc. (AFNA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AFNA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis protected by stated, federal, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Salary: $90,000+ per year and 15% annual bonus based on performance.