Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Environmental Supervisor at Alaska
Summary: Evaluates, participates, observes, and controls the legal and proper flow of regulated and non-regulated hazardous waste, waste oil, and potential environmental pollutants by performing the following duties:
- Reviews routine compliance activities and documentation completed by Environmental Technicians.
- Identifies and communicates significant issues or developments identified during FSQA activities and recommends process improvements to Management.
- Implements and oversees department policies and procedures according to Trident protocol/
- Provides orientation and training to department employees and assists with scheduling and assigning work.
- Compiles and reviews collected data for deliverables and submits to appropriate Support Center team members for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Reviews Environmental facility plan documents regularly and works with the Support Center team to revise as needed.
- Assists with inspections and provides compliance information to regulatory agencies as requested.
- Supervises employees and ensures strict adherence to Environmental protocols.
- Works with Management and HR to identify and document performance issues and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Acquires knowledge of Trident’s Environmental and Safety Policies by completing required training programs and performing designated work activities in accordance with training and procedures/work instructions
- Notifies designated personnel of any environmental or safety incidents or risks not previously documented, in accordance with Environmental Awareness and/or safety trainings
Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an environmental compliance position or similar. Food production experience desirable.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Current training certifications or ability to obtain certifications within 1 month of hire date as needed, including but not limited to HAZWOPER, DOT HazMat, Spill Response, Storm Water, etc.
Special Training/Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, regulatory officers or employees of organization. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Mental Activities: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills and understand English. The employee is frequently required to use decision making skills and speak English. The employee is occasionally required to use interpersonal, customer service mentoring, training and supervision skills. The employee will occasionally be required to read and write English, and use independent judgment, discretion problem analysis.
|Organization / Company|