Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Electrician at Walkerville, MI
How would you like to work for a fast-growing company, in a position that leaves room for continuous and exponential growth? Are you looking for a Career? Then you’re the perfect fit for our company as we continuously grow and promote from within. The opportunity for advancement is only limited to your desire!
Position Purpose Summary: Electricians are responsible for any electrical maintenance, upgrades, and repairs within the facility. They must also be willing and able to communicate and work well with others.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
• Serve the needs of customers and all stakeholders
• Adhere to all Food Safety Policies and GMP practices.
• Use/wear all personal protective equipment required by the company.
• Operate heavy equipment, but not limited to: forklift, scissor lift, and boom lift. Wear proper safety equipment when operating such equipment.
• Perform Preventative Maintenance duties and fill out the proper support documentation.
• Updating records and preparing relevant documents, plans, budgets, and reports.
• Comply with company required safety training to include but not limited to: GMP practices, lockout/tagout, proper lifting, and other safety training.
• Testing of electrical systems with oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ohmmeters, etc.
• Available to assist other departments as needed, and do other duties as assigned
• Troubleshoot electrical, including motors, fuses, transformers, transfer switches, wiring, and circuits
• Demonstrate the ability to read equipment blueprints and manuals
• Install, maintain, and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment.
• Installation of new and used equipment throughout the facility, including rooftop.
• trouble shoot and repair scales
• Guiding/overseeing one or more lower level electricians
• Sourcing or fabricating replacement electrical components
• Help during emergencies day or night.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High school diploma
• Valid driver’s license
• Above average attendance
• Other: basic mechanical experience, must be able to work independently
Education and Experience:
• Master Electrician or
• Journeyman Electrician Certification
o Willing to work on advancing certification.
• Knowledge of local and national electrical codes
• High voltage (480v) and low voltage experience
• PLC experience.
• Years of experience: 5 years
Physical Demands of the Position:
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to sit, stand, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to work in multiple climates and work environments including, but not limited to: dirt, heat, freezer, smoke/steam, noise, vibration, grease/oil, fumes, dust/shavings, and wet environments; variable temperatures of both heat and cold.