Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Electrician at Othello WA
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available at our frozen potato processing facility in Othello, WA. Located in Washington's beautiful Columbia Basin, Othello is surrounded by scenic parks and wildlife.
This position is responsible to understand the Plant electrical systems and equipment. This individual in this position must be capable of troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining and upgrading the system. The individual in this position must possess a working knowledge of electricity, electronics, and electrical equipment. The individual must be able to perform electrical and electronic installations and repair task under the supervision of the Electrical Supervisor, Project Engineer, and senior Electrical department personnel.
The individual in this position will accomplish these tasks by utilizing a team concept through working with team members and following direction and instructions from a Team Leader, Shift Manager, or Supervisor. Work relationships and communications are key ingredients to the success of the individual holding this position.
The area of work includes both inside the facility and outside, depending on work requirements. Weekend and overtime work in this position is common and may be required to meet operational goals.
The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the plant electrical system along with having the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates. It is imperative that the person(s) conducts him/herself in a manner that ensures alertness and constant awareness of the safe operation of equipment and its surroundings.
- Repairs and maintains electrical systems, and control systems on Plant equipment, under the supervision and direction of the electrical supervisor, and senior Electrical department personnel. Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and fabricates equipment, electrical networks, control panels, and other control systems components. Maintains, repairs, and installs Plant lighting.
- Utilizes electrical/electronic prints and schematics, ladder logic and Plant computer systems, the current National Electrical Code and test equipment to complete assigned tasks. Takes all electrical line calls on shift and performs and completes all jobs as assigned. Completes all phases of the work order systems. Ensures that spare parts are available for Plant systems, and orders repair parts as required. Ensures preventative and predictive maintenance is being completed as assigned.
- Communicates with Supervisors, Shift Managers, Team Leaders and other employees regarding equipment and/or line conditions. Ensures attendance and participation in training activities appropriate to the position and to incorporate acquired skills and knowledge. Ensures self-compliance with Company policies and procedures and Union Labor Agreement.
- Ensures no injuries to self or others by following safe work practices and policies. Ensure the interface with team members and other support groups is conducted in a participative management style conducive with operational goals.
- Conducts self in a professional manner and ensures personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job function and while representing the Company. Ensures that additional accountabilities as may be required by management be handled in a manner necessary to meet operational standards.
- Must be able to complete training on the safe operation of the lift truck and successfully pass and maintain certification requirements. This training and certification are requirements in accordance with both WAC 296-24-230 and WAC 296-24-23025. Must be able to complete training on the safe operation of the aerial lift and successfully pass and maintain the certification requirements. This training and certification are requirements in accordance with both WAC 296-24 PART J-3 and WAC 296-24-88030.
- Must be able to complete training on fall protection and must meet and maintain fall restraint requirements. This training and requirements are in accordance with WAC 296-155-245 through 24525 and WAC 296-24-75005.
- Disclaimer - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- HS or equivalent required. Further education in Industrial Electrical or Electronics required.
- Must be able to drive a standard or manual transmission vehicle and have a valid Washington State Drivers License.
- Must have an understanding of 480 VAC, 277 VAC, 240 VAC, and 120 VAC, single phase, and three-phase electrical systems. Must have a basic understanding of the National Electrical Code.
- Must possess basic computer skills. Must demonstrate an ability to use voltage testers, meggers, amp probes, and other electrical test equipment. Must be able to read and understand basic electrical blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Must be able to identify and distinguish colors. Must have the ability to move up and down stairs and ladders, work in confined areas, and work in cold, wet, hot and slippery environments for long periods of time. Must be able to maintain current certification and operate lift truck and aerial lift equipment.
- Must supply own hand tools of the trade (list to be provided).
- Must meet the standards on Fall Restraints as stated in WAC 296-155-24510 Fall Restraint, Fall Arrest Systems.
- Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
Hourly Pay: $25.73 - $31.15
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**