Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
To assist Fleet Technicians in providing safe, reliable and cost efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to perform diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle down time and improve total fleet reliability.
· Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment (Tractors, Trailers, Convertor Dollies, Lift Gates, Light Duty Vehicles) to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet to include, but not limited to FAI/CVI (Annual) Inspections, Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any other company owned equipment, perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light duty vehicles and any company owned equipment.
· Perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles such as inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions and road-call repairs in a safe, efficient, and quality manner, addressing all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write ups timely, efficiently and correctly the first time, diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
· Document all work performed on Work Order (SAP) using Complaint, Cause, and Correction Format
· Learn & develop efficiency in all Maintenance Relates Sysco Computer programs
Education and / or Experience:
· High school diploma or Equivalent
· Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2 year school
· Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Working knowledge of Computer based diagnostic software for OEM & component mfg
· Either 1 Year Experience with 2 Year Technical Degree or 3 years experience in Fleet Maintenance and Repair
· Basic Knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and Components
· Basic knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
· Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
· ASE Certification – Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty
· Current and Valid Drivers License, CDL-A Preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Physical demands to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and crawl
· Vision abilities to include Close & Distance vision, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus