Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
CONTROLS TECHNICIAN at Milbank SD
This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain process and production controls and instrumentation equipment. Performs predictive and preventive maintenance on systems and processes to support the achievement of the company’s vision, mission and values.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install, calibrate and maintain food processing and production controls and instrumentation equipment.
- Develop PLC code and SCADA control system architecture. (JG H7)
- Detect, troubleshoot, repair and identify root cause of plant and production control equipment issues. (JG H7)
- Perform planned, unplanned and preventive repairs of all plant equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, electrical drawings, P&IDs and work orders to perform required tasks.
- Keep assigned work orders current to seven days.
- Maintain controls programs and equipment for plant utility systems in such a manner that these systems do not cause any production downtime.
- Safely operate the plant utility systems during shift (steam, air handling, ammonia, compressed air, electrical, water and sewer). (JG H8)
- Addresses items on the corrective action database (CAD) in a timely manner so that the list is kept to 30 days current.
- Comply with all company safety rules to achieve no injuries and no lost-time accidents.
- Safely handle, prepare and use chemicals while wearing proper PPE.
- Understand and adhere to all PSM requirements. (JG H8)
- Maintain training requirements to serve on the emergency response team.
- Attend and/or complete required safety and quality training sessions by the assigned deadlines.
- Maintain standard records pertaining to daily work requirements in a manner that makes them a reliable data source for safety, quality and regulatory requirements and audits.
- Understand and adhere to all GMPs and food safety policies and procedures and perform all work in a manner that ensures the highest standard of food safety and quality.
- Use tools, spare parts and supplies in a responsible manner that yields maximum profitability for VQ while maintaining equipment and facility to the highest possible standard.
- Ensure 100 percent accuracy when signing out spare parts and any other parts transactions.
- Respond to all production area controls calls as a top priority to ensure production time is not lost.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Computer Proficiency
- Time Management/Initiative
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office, shop and plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Exposed to extreme temperature variations. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Functional job description to be updated for this position after the completion of VQ Next in 2019.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time day or night position. This position works a 11- to 12-hour shift following an alternating schedule which includes weekends and holidays. This position is part of an on-call rotation.
Less than five percent travel expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience & Certifications
High school diploma/GED. Associate degree in related technical field or equivalent number of years of controls experience. Proficiency in basic computer skills.
Preferred Education, Experience & Certifications
Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration. Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Minimum age requirement is 18. Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities, duties or tasks that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities, duties and tasks may change at any time with or without notice.