Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
BT Maintenance Mechanic at Britt IA
POSITION TITLE: BT Maintenance Mechanic (A shift 5am-5pm) and (B shift 5pm-5am)
$2000 Sign On Bonus
This position is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of the processing equipment as well as regular routine building maintenance in order to keep the plant on line and operating efficiently.
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs mechanical repairs to all production related equipment to insure continuous operation and production.
- Performs any building maintenance including repair to any pumps, motors, gear boxes, bearings as well as preventative maintenance to help the company reduce the cost of mechanical repairs.
- Assists in new equipment and electrical installations.
- Inform Maintenance Lead of any problems and day to day activities.
- Ability to weld stainless steel or a strong desire to learn
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Strong mechanical background with 2-3 years related experience)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations in English. (Bi-lingual a plus)
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good written, verbal, interpersonal and record keeping skills