Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Automation, Electrical and Instrumentation Specialist II at Wilder, ID
Job Summary: This position will provide electrical, technical software and hardware support of the factory floor automation and process system instruments. Will also be responsible for troubleshooting problems, analysis of processes, equipment operation, and development of capital, infrastructure automation designs and assist with electro/mechanical support opportunities as assigned.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Assists Maintenance/Engineering in identifying and scoping control systems related projects.
- Supports Production in identifying control system related opportunities at the plant.
- Maintains working knowledge of Control System Standards/Guidelines.
- Assists in maintaining an up-to-date and complete set of as-built electrical and controls documentation/drawings.
- Coordinates and implements control systems software upgrades.
- Assists in training and development of maintenance technicians for equipment and process controls operation.
- Programs and installs custom control systems application software and assists on plant capital projects as assigned.
- Provides instrumentation, PLC and HMI/SCADA software and hardware support to the plant maintenance staff.
- Stays aware of technological trends and procedures, professional contacts, books, seminars, etc.
- Contributes to plant initiatives as assigned.
- Timely communication of all aspects of assigned projects.
- Functions as a resource for difficult electrical, control system-related problems that the maintenance team requires assistance to solve.
- Coordinates work on PC-based control system equipment with IT department.
- Control systems related equipment.
- Maintains software applications skill set and knowledge base as required, per plant requirements.
- Promotes, adheres, and is responsible for Food Safety and Quality.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and/or equivalent required, associate’s degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in industrial control system maintenance and support, experience working with PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and experience with PC-based HMI systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and requires that hearing protection be worn in production areas at all times.
|Organization / Company|