Top Notch put in one team the best and most experienced recruitment professionals in different types of industries:
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician at Chambersburg PA
Summary: The Ammonia Refrigeration Technician is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the ammonia refrigeration system of the facility while adhering to stringent guidelines. By being a proactive thinker the Ammonia Refrigeration Technician embraces a mindset of thorough planning and continuous improvement by recognizing and anticipating needs based on the fluctuating needs of the business. As a communicator on a unified team, the Ammonia Refrigeration Technician is committed to providing updates and helpful knowledge within the appropriate leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Inspects structure to ascertain obstruction to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
- Works from sketches and blueprints to build code standards.
- Checks and tests various equipment to determine flow pressures and temperatures of steam, water, gases and other liquids within operating system.
- Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and uses all tools carefully and as instructed.
- Maintains, adjusts and repairs ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Drills holes and installs mounting brackets and hangers into floor and walls of building.
- Lifts or hoists and aligns components into position.
- Prepares documentation in CMMS and PSM systems.
- Instructs, educates and mentors junior HVAC & Ammonia Technicians on best practices.
- Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
- Cuts, threads, and connects pipe to functional components and water or power system of premises.
- Pumps specified gas or fluid into system.
- Starts system, observes operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as valves, controls, and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure, and temperature in system.
- Troubleshoots & repairs ammonia industrial refrigeration, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components.
- Replaces or adjusts defective or worn parts to repair systems.
- Insulates shells and cabinets of systems.
- Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
- Works flexible hours to meet project/task deadlines.
- Communicate with Manager regarding task assignment, task completion and deviation from task schedule.
- Maintains and complete task schedule including written and verbal requests.
- Communicates suggestions, questions and concerns to manager.
- Provides professional service.
- Works effectively, efficiently and positively with minimal supervision.
- Responds to "call-in" request for service.
- Adheres to safety, food safety, quality and Good Manufacturing Practices regulations.
- Reports safety, food safety, and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Three to Five years’ related hands on ammonia industrial experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Level II Ammonia Operator Certification required.
- Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) preferred.
- EPA Proper Refrigerant Usage Certification required.
- Valid driver’s license.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operates forklift, man lift, and mobile carts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic electric.
- Proficient in computer based systems.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)